Project i
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project i: RPG Core Rulebook

Go down

Project i: RPG Core Rulebook Empty Project i: RPG Core Rulebook

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:04 am

Project i: the RPG

MODERATORS AND ADMINISRATORS CANNOT EDIT THIS. THIS CAN ONLY BE EDITTED BY THE FOUNDER: ADMIN OR THE MASTER GM.

Based on Xombie: RPG created by Peter Joel Marcantel and inspired by a variant of X:RPG called Gazebo: COMMUNISM

Version History
v. 1.0 8/24/08: Original Rules

Once you've read all the rules and have a basic understanding of how to play, post a reply in the Character Sheets topic to get started. Once you're done with that, you can let the Master GM or an Admin modify your profile character sheet, or you can do it yourself.

CONTENTS
1. Setting
2. Creating Characters
3. Combat
4. Flair
5. Leveling Up
6. Clans
7. Weapons
8. Traits
9. Sample Character
10. Sample Battle

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-08-24

https://projecti.forumotion.com/project-i-rpg-f19/

Back to top Go down

Project i: RPG Core Rulebook Empty Re: Project i: RPG Core Rulebook

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:10 am

1.SETTING: The story

In the year 2319, Earth is on it's way to an apocalypse. Rapidly increasing population caused all national resources to drain. Scientists looked to other sources of energy, but none proved very efficient. Global warming melted the polar ice caps, raising the water level high enough to flood the planet.

A few years earlier, preparation to evacuate Earth for the already existing Lunar and Maritian colonies. Contact between the Moon and Mars colonies was difficult, and the two colonies grew apart.

The human gene pool became heavily modified. The Lunar humans were not used to living on such a low-gravity planet. As a result, the Lunars became a weak and brittle species. Eventually, the Lunar people learned to adapt to life on the Moon's surface. As a result of extended life on the Moon, the Lunar people could go months at a time without any oxygen. Although they aren't the stongest of people, the Lunar humans became extremely technologically advanced. Their ships are capable of near-light speeds and their weaponry can vaporize nearly anything.

On Mars, people were mutating at an even more powerful rate. High levels of radiation made large changes in the gene pool. The Martians developed stranged powers. Some could read people's mind. Others could levitate objects. Some could generate electricity. Martian technology was not as great as those of the Lunars, but they did have powerful enough technology to harness their new psychic powers and increase it.

Eventually in 2384, the two colonies were able to communicate with each other. At first, it was a peaceful relationship. There were treaties and a lot of trading going on. But, tensions began to rise as prices skyrocketed. Colonial leaders felt insecure about their areas and began fortifying walls and creating security systems. Trade became even more difficult. Corruption began in the Lunar government. Crazed leaders came up with the idea of "purifying the human gene pool" This, of course, meant wiping out all Martian people. They called this mission: Project i.

The Lunar military sent Jumbi warriors to invade Mars. It wasn't easy. The Martians easily outnumbered the Lunar soldiers and desroyed them all. The Martians, seeing this as a violation of the peace treaty, began a counter attack. So began the first inter-planetary war in human history.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:10 am

2.CREATING CHARACTERS: It’s alive!

Characters in i:RPG are meant to be limited, but not too limited. Players can make their characters do whatever the heck they want them to as long as it makes sense. There is also absolutely no godmoding. Basically, players get to choose their characters actions. It's up to the GM to determine the outcome.

It’s up to your Gamemaster (GM) whether they want to run a survival campaign or an assault, but I feel that one of the show’s best draws is the crazy-cool combat, slaughtering hordes of enemies. This style of play will be reflected in these rules, so players should try to build characters that could do at least some good in the fray.

The stats that we’ll use in this RPG are Synapse, Muscle, and Body.

-Synapse relates to brain function, specifically how fast and well you can act and react to your environment, your concentration, and your general mental capabilities.
-Muscle is the strength of your sinews, tendons, and muscle tissues, and regulates your strength and general hitting power. It also reflects your character’s fighting ability, even if they aren’t particularly physically powerful.
-Body is your current overall physical condition, this game’s version of Health Points. I didn’t name them Health Points, since some of the characters aren’t amongst the living anymore. When your Body reaches 0, you’re rendered knocked out until you’re either patched up by a friend or have time to heal. The GM determines when the player actually comes alive.

Next comes equipment. Players can use whatever the hell weapons they want from sticks to giant bazookas and beyond. Armor and weaponry are limited only to the imagination and clan details.

Players are given 7 Creation points with which to start out their character. Points are divided into the three categories of Synapse, Muscle, and Body, and anything left over can be put towards purchasing equipment (Section 7) or Traits (Section . Each stat must have at least 1 point. No more than 3 body points should be allowed to be put on a character when they are first created.

How strong is strong? Muscle is used for things other than combat. It’s also a general measure of your fighting ability. Here’s an idea of how strong your character is:

Muscle 0: Dead. Your muscles are so weak, you can't move. Besides, it's impossible to create a character with any stat less than 0.
Muscle 1-2: Normal. You’re in good shape, and you could probably run an obstacle course and come out fine.
Muscle:3-4: Athletic. Whether it be from special training or a lifetime of fighting, you’re body is in great shape.
Muscle 5-6: Olympic medallist. Your body is very well toned. Obstacle courses can be tackled regularly, and you can handle endurance trials without a problem. You chuck most people around like a sack of tacos (up to several feet).
Muscle 6-9: Body builder. You’re cut like rock and it shows, or maybe you’re slender and you just know how to apply force where it’s necessary. You can break through cinder block after cinder block with your bare hands with minimal effort.
Muscle 10-15: Uber-ripped. Built like a freakin’ meat tank, you could pin tigers and lions on ther floor your bare hands. Anyone around you with any sense at all knows that you’re a badass. Even body builders get nervous if you look ‘em in the eye.
Muscle 16-20: Unstoppable juggernaut. If you’re muscular, you’re abs are cut like diamonds. You have to get your clothes custom made or they’ll rip at the seams if you flexed. Lifting and throwing small cars like a shot-put is entirely within your power. If you’re not muscular, then your blows are so precise, so deadly, you’ll make Shinobi crap his pants. Throwing you into a wall-to-wall room of zombies ends with some very thinly sliced pieces of green meat.
21 or Greater: Demi-god. Blades bounce off your muscles, or perhaps your wiry frame moves so fast that you can bat most bullets away. You can either lift an SUV over your head or jump 15 feet in the air while front flipping 5 times, depending on your fancy. You are beyond good, beyond great. You 0wnz0r. Entire legions of zombies have probably met destruction at your hands, and it may well take a stadium full of the undead to bring you down. Or one super god-like mecha forged from the unholy unity of zombie and machine which stands over 30 feet tall and comes armed with lasers, buzzsaws, and seven types of missile. GMs will probably actively to try kill you to get your character the hell out of their game, or never let you become this strong.

Traits can also be purchased from the list in Section 8. Positive Traits (Attributes) can enhance the general skills of a player, resulting in bonus roles or other benefits to many situations, combat or otherwise. Negative Traits (Defects) will result in penalty rolls for a character, and will often force the player to act a certain way. For example, a character with the Addiction defect for nicotine constantly craves cigarettes, and if she doesn’t get them, she can start becoming irritable, or the GM might occasionally penalize her in combat.

The benefit to selecting Defects, is that you’ll get bonus Creation points, on which you can spend on the three primary stats, or an Attribute.

Every character has a choice of up to four Traits, and must have at least 1 Defect. A character may only have 2 Defects.

Physical descriptions of your character should also be submitted: what they look like, how they dress, skin, eye, hair color, and all that good stuff, just for kicks. You can even draw a picture and show the world what your character is supposed to look like.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:11 am

3. COMBAT: Ninja fight to the death!

Now the fun stuff! The fight scenes in P:RPG can be anywhere from futuristic laser shows, giant robots smashing the heck out of each other or anything else. I While you probably don’t want to go looking for too much trouble, if trouble shows up, you can kick its butt.

The basic formula for a fight is simple:
[Player Attack - Threat Level = Results]
Although there might seem like a lot to read in this section, there’s really not much to it. I’ve included a lot of details to try and deal with as many situations as I can think of because it is possible that I won’t be the only GM running game. If you feel intimidated, you can always refer to the last chapter (Sample Battle) to see how things work.

When the players enter a combat situation, the Game Master will alert everyone by posting “BATTLE!” as the subject line of her set-up, or by typing "COMBAT!!!" in her post. This will let players know its time to jump in and start crackin’ skulls. The players and GM take turns posting. On the first day the GM will post the surrounding scene and actions of the baddies, and the next day (or days, depending on posting schedules) all of the characters will post their actions or reactions. The players don’t have to post in any particular order. The day after the players post, the GM reports the resolution of any dice rolls and the next actions of the enemies. Continue like this until the battle resolves, which shouldn’t take more than a week for skirmishes, but may take longer if the GM brings out the big guns.

For every Synapse point a character has, they can perform 1 Action in combat. But what exactly constitutes an Action?
------------------------------------
-5 to 10 seconds of player movement that culminates in affecting an active enemy.
Instead of
“Mario crouches [first action], then jumps at a zombie [second action] and kicks it in the chest [third action].”
Try
“Mario crouches, then jumps at a zombie and kicks it in the chest [first action].”
Instead of
“Mario decapitates a zombie [first action], grabs its head [second action], lights it on fire with his cigarette [third action], and then throws it at a bunch of other zombies [fourth action].”
Try
“Mario decapitates a zombie [first action], grabs its head, lights it on fire with his cigarette, and then throws it at a bunch of other zombies [second action].”

-Affecting something in your environment that is attached to the scenery. Picking up and throwing a rock wouldn’t count as its own action. Flipping a giant lever to start a conveyor belt would.
-Sheathing or unsheathing a weapon of any variety (not required if your character has a weapon drawn before battle), or readying a Heavy Ranged or Super Heavy Ranged weapon to fire by cocking the trigger, reloading clips, charging a plasma rifle, or loading rockets into your bazooka, etc. A character may only have one active weapon during combat unless they possess the Dual Wield ability.

There are a couple of things that don’t take up an action. Moving within 5 yards (15 feet) of your character will not take up its own action.
Talking will not take up its own action unless it is obscenely long, like with the Monologue Defect.
Doing a pose or gesture that doesn’t affect your enemies, party, or environment will not take up its own action.
----------------------

ASSIST ACTIONS

Assist actions are used to directly aid yourself or other players. All Assist actions require the sacrifice of 1 Actions, meaning it is automatically graded as 2 Flair.

============================
Human Shield: You can choose to leap in front of an ally. If that ally fails their Synapse vs. Threat roll for their current post, you will take the point of Body damage instead of them.
Medical Kit: If you have access to a medical kit, you may either use it for yourself or another player. In either case, the target must be an ally. The medical kit immediately restores +1 Body towards the character’s maximum Body total. Each kit has only one use.
Toss Item: Throws a weapon or item you have equipped to one of your allies, who can catch and begin using it any time after your post. Catching an item does not count as an Assist, and inflicts no penalties on the catcher.
Use Item: Using an item for non-combat purposes during combat (opening a computer file, flipping a switch, turning a key, picking a lock, cutting the wire before the bomb blows, etc). Using an item in this way also subtracts 1 dice from you Synapse roll.
=============================

Using an Assist is similar to using normal Actions, but they must be demarcated as such, so that your GM knows that you are using them:
“‘Shaun tosses the key to Paul. ‘Quick! Open the front gates!’ [Action 1, Assist: Toss Item]
‘I’ll cover you while you get it open!’ He dashes in front of his teammate and takes up a guarded position. [Action 2, Assist: Human Shield]”

There are two types of enemies, Horde and Bosses. Horde enemies are masses of opponents. These guys are meant to die in droves, and their corpses will litter the battlefield after a fight. They don’t really put up much of a challenge, but can occasionally get lucky and wound a player. Named enemies are more unique enemies that constitute an actual threat to the player. These represent bigger monsters or especially lethal opponents, and usually only attack the players to spice things up a bit.

=====================================

Player vs. Horde
Horde enemies attack in crowds, swarming in from all sides. GMs will command the horde very loosely. The focus here is on the players, while the GM is more like a referee, making the dice rolls at home, setting the scene, and blowing the whistle on any illegal play. When she narrates a fight along the lines of “the Martians close in, their hungry moans filling the air,” she’s doing just fine.
Each horde of zombies represents a crowd of a general size, but an indeterminate number. Instead of saying “There are twenty-six wild dogs shambling over the hill,” say “there is a small pack of wild dogs shambling over the hill.” Crowd sizes are measured with the Horde number, which act as the general well-being of a group of enemies. If a Horde’s number is 10, then they’re a small rabble of enemies, while 150 would a street-filling crowd with standing room only.

Normally, RPG players attempt to make an attack, roll to see if they succeeded, have the GM roll to see if the monster defended it, and then resolve things to get the results. Over a message board, this would be pretty time consuming, so we’ve simplified things here.

In battle, a player has as many actions as he has Synapse points, and can use all or none of them. The player may make only one post between the GM’s posts during combat, so there can be no taking an action, waiting to see what another player does, then taking another action. Additionally, players don’t have to roll to see if they’ve succeeded in their actions against a horde. If the player takes an Action and says “I grab a zombie’s skull, snap its neck, then kick it away,” then that’s exactly what has just happened. Of course, we must keep things at least semi-reasonable. If the player says “I sprout wings, fly fifty feet in the air, then rain down missiles from my hidden chest launchers,” then the GM can Veto that action, effectively resulting in automatic failure. Players who think that an offence has come up that should be Vetoed by the GM should Private Message her immediately. If the majority of players (75%) are making protests, the GM had better have a good reason for not Vetoing.
There are an unspecified number of enemies in a horde because the players may come up with all sorts of number combinations when dealing with zombies. If you have to constantly keep track of the exact body count, then things could get boggy.

Since players won’t have to worry about the actual number of enemies they’re killing, they can be more flexible with how many zombies they’re killing per turn.

The actual damage is tallied like so:
Roll a number of 6-sided dice equal to your character’s Muscle points, then add your Synapse points to that, and any weapons bonuses to that. This number equals the Player Attack.

Dice rolls + Muscle + Synapse + weapon bonuses

If Mario has Muscle 3, Synapse 3, then he will roll three dice, and add two to that number. If he uses his sword, Denueve, [Heavy Melee] at level 2, he gets a bonus of 1 (Half of his level)
Subtract the Player Attack from the Horde points of a crowd. The lower the Horde points, the thinner a crowd is getting. When the Horde points reach zero or less, all of the enemies have been dispatched, and its time to go on. Of course, some types of enemies are more dangerous than others. To represent this, Hordes have a Threat Level. The Threat Level is the number of 6-sided dice the GM rolls in the Horde’s defense. A threat level of 1 is appropriate for most hordes, while Threats of 2 or 3 should be reserved for more dangerous situations. Normal humans are next to nothing compared to our heroes. Tough guy gangs armed with nothing but brass knuckles or blunt weaponry are harmless, Threat 0. Gangs of space monkeys (if they exist) firing relatively weak lasers are easy, Threat 1. Armies of large mutated alien cyborgs with the ability to teleport and become invisible while firing large torpedos have a Threat of 6 or more. The GM will have to try and find the right Threat level for her party: not so hard that the players actually want to run away, but enough to inject a bit of tension into the game.
Using the formula [Player Attack - Threat = Results], if the Results number is positive, subtract the number from the crowd’s Horde points. If the Results are negative, the player takes one point away from their remaining body points. If the Result is 0, nothing happens. So what’s the point of taking multiple actions when Strength seems to play the biggest role in battle? Flair points. But we’ll talk about that in just a bit in Section 4.

Player vs. Boss

Basically, it's about the same as fighting a horde except instead of fighting a large amount of enemies, it's one or a few powerful enemies.
Instead of Horde points, Bosses enemies actually get their own Body points. They still have a Threat level, which represents how dangerous they are, but instead of 1 to 3, a Named should have a Threat of 5 or more. When a player wins, subtract ONE Body point from the Named’s total Body points. Versus a party of 5 players, a Threat 8, Body 10 Boss enemy could cause some serious pain before it’s finally taken out.
Unlike Horde combats, in which severed limbs and decapitations are a mile-a-minute, the PCs are not allowed to do a “Death Blow” until the Named has its Body reduced to 0 or less. The player that reduced the Body points gets to finish them off in whatever cool or dull manner they would like to. See Section 4 for possible complications.

Player vs. Player

Again, fighting style is still very similar:
[Attacking Player Attack - Defending Player Attack = Results]
If the number is positive, the attacking player wins. If the number is negative or zero, the defending player wins.

Player vs. player is not recommended during a campaign, and a GM can ban it from the campaign. However, should a player vs. player fight occur, no Flair points are awarded.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 am

4. FLAIR: OMG I'm on Fire

Call it what you will; style, panache, or just plain leetness, the battles and wars of Project i have the characters leaping around, performing physically impossible stunts, or doing things that make no sense at all to do in the middle of a fight. Why does Neo from the Matrix stay and fight a million Smiths instead of just flying away? Why doesn’t Jackie Chan just shoot down all the bad guys instead of having to go through an 18 minute fight scene with each one of them? It’s because they’ve got Flair. Flair points are awarded for stylish execution of actions, and can be traded in to purchase additional stats (Section 5). For every action a character makes in battle, they receive one Flair point, just so long as they do something that affects an enemy. Having characters talk in the middle of battle doesn’t take up an action, and is not rewarded with Flair. So, flair is ranged for each action from 1-5. 1 being least, and 5 being the best. So, an example of a 1 flair action would be... “I punch a Martian. I do some jumping jacks and kick another Martian in the nuts.” If you keep that up, I'll go to your apartment complex and burn it to the ground. An average post that would probably get 2 or 3 flair would be “I draw my sword like lightning, the blade slicing through a wolf’s skull, decapitating it. I then spin around, crushing a wolf’s face in with my bare hands, its juices running through my fingers, and dribbling onto the damp ground below, the smell of death wafting from the cavity.” Okay, so if you want to impress me, you’ll need to do something epic. Something that makes my eyes bleed just from reading it.

Keep in mind that players can do all sorts of cool moves, but they should try and keep the believability limiting their actions to how strong they are (see above Muscle numbers). A player with Muscle 1 who tries to rip a zombie in half with his bare hands should get slapped with a Veto.

Also, their creativity is tied directly to how well a GM describes a scene. GMs should fill a scene with enough props to be interesting to fight around, even if they may not seem useful in combat.

When a player dishes out an awesome Finishing Blow to Boss enemies, they get a special bonus. Death Blows are especially over-the-top deaths reserved for unique Boss enemies. Whenever there is a deathblow, the other players in the team send the GM a PM on how much flair the player should get for the post. the numbers are averaged out and then multiplied by the number of players who voted, and voila, you’ve got your flair.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

5. LEVELING UP: Becoming pwnage x)

Yes, here it is. Flair points work like the Experience points of many other games. After earning enough, you’ll go up in level, and when that happens, you earn a standard number of Project i points (PP). Project i points will usually be earned through leveling up, but a GM may feel that it’s appropriate to give them away after an especially hard battle with a Boss, or simply issue one per every week the players keep playing so long as they’re still contributing to the campaign. Of course the GM is responsible for keeping track of all of the points, but players should also keep a record to give themselves an idea of where they are growth-wise.
The amount of Flair needed to achieve a level is calculated by multiplying the requirements of the previous level by 1.5 and rounding up the nearest whole number. To save you some time, I’ve calculated the levels most players will ever get to.

Lv1: 0 points. Default.
Lv2: 4 points. +1 PP
Lv3: 6 points. +1 PP
Lv4: 9 points. +2 PP
Lv5: 14 points. +3 PP. You're pretty formidable. But you not quite there yet.
Lv6: 21 points. +3 PP
Lv7: 32 points. +4 PP
Lv8: 48 points. +4 PP
Lv9: 72 points. +5 PP
Lv10: 108 points. +6 PP. Hmm, you seem pretty tough now.
Lv11: 162 points. +8 PP.
Lv12: 243 points. +10 PP.
Lv13: 365 points. +14 PP
Lv14: 548 points. +14 PP
Lv15: 822 points. +16 PP. You're either cheating, or this game has been out for way too long.
Lv16: 1,233 points. +18 PP.
Lv17: 1,850 points. +20 PP.
Lv18: 2,775 points. +22 PP.
Lv19: 4,163 points. +25 PP.
Lv20:? 6,245 points. +30 PP. You have got to be cheating.

To add 1 point of Muscle, you’ll need 4 Project i points.
To add 1 point of Synapse, you’ll need 5 Project i points.
To add 1 point of Body, you’ll need 7 Project i points.

A character’s level will be posted in the stat bar of the player, for all the world to see

VICTORY AWARDS

After a fight, a GM should give out Victory Awards to their players. Victory Awards are nods to the players, a pat on the back for a job well-done. They can include gifts of flair, PP, or weapons that pop out of nowhere

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

6. CLANS: Choose your group

Once you've decided your affiliation, Martian or Lunar, you must pick a clan.

Martian

Talmeen [tal-MEEN]
The Talmeen are the Martian telepaths. They can read minds and move objects without touching them. They are usually found with their weapons floating around them waiting to be used for attack. Talmeen can throw enemies around using just their mind.

Xanki [zang-KY]
Like to shoot big blue bolts of electricity from your arms? You must be one of the Xanki. These energy-maniacs control electricity. They have the power to move electrons. Exceptionally powerful Xanki can pinpoint the nerve ends of their enemies and shock them to produce excruciating pain.

Raiden [RAY-den]
The Raiden are the ghosts of the Martians. They can temporarily cloak themselves and have been trained to be silent assassins. Yeah, these guys are more sneaky than ninjas. The best Raidens can infiltrate enemy security systems without so much a bleep in the security system.

Lunar

Shoni [show-NY]
These guys are ultra-crafty ones. They can take some trash off the ground, a few hairs from their face and some baby lotion and make...a laser gun. Yeah, these guys can makeshift anything! Weapons, tools, food, clothes...they can make nearly anything out of anything.

Jumbi [joom-BY]
These guys are the strong ones. They've bulked up on muscle from living in the few artificial gravity areas of the moon. The Jumbi have been specially trained to master any weapon available. They'll go as far as slapping someone with a steak, or gathering up dust to make people choke.

Lenti [len-TY]
The Lenti are the genius hackers. They're usually the ones planning and creating tactics behind the lines. All Lenti have some minor weapons training as well. They're really smart. Twenty steps ahead of the enemy, these guys with enough resources can predict enemy movements extremely precisely.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:18 am

7. WEAPONS: I'ma shoot you with my uber-cannon!!!

Truthfully, the dynamic rules allow for your character to do quite well with just his hands and feet, but no good fighter fights barehanded (except maybe the Talmeen). Fighting with weapons is just plain cooler than standard punches and kicks, and they can give you a few advantages outside of combat, like hunting or chopping wood. Here’s a list of some common and esoteric weapons that you would normally start off with. Special weapons are listed with their clans in their own folders (posted later) GMs should consider letting players come up with their own, so long as it’s grounded in this world’s reality and the players can justify why their characters would have it. Weapons are listed along with the character points that they cost to have equipped on their character from the moment of generation.

Light Melee
Cost: None
Combat Bonus: None
Requirements: None
A standard issue knife or its equivalents aren’t hard to come by. Pocket knives, steak knives, and small combat knives can be wielded by just about anyone, are portable, and can’t run out of ammo. Of course other relatively light things such as small trashcan lids, thick encyclopedias, or paper fans can be fit into this category just as easily.

Heavy Melee
Cost: 1 character point
Combat Bonus: You receive a bonus your Player Attack score equal to half of your level (rounded up). For example, if you were Level 6, you would get 3 bonus Player Attack points. If you were level 7, you would receive 4 bonus Player Attack points. If your character was not generated with the weapon, they receive +1 to their Player Attack.
Requirements: 1 to 3 Muscle points, depending on the weapon
This can cover quite a large variety of objects. Baseball bats with nails in them, shovels, billiard cue-sticks, small chainsaws, fireplace pokers, and swords of all shapes and sizes belong here. Hard to come by and specialized weapons, like steel-plated combat fans, tonfas, or one-handed chopping axes also fit this category.

Super Heavy Melee
Cost: 2 character points
Combat Bonus: You receive a bonus your Player Attack ck score equal to your level. For example, if you were Level 5, you would get 5 bonus Player Attack points. If your character was not generated with the weapon, they receive +2 to their Player Attack.
Requirements: 4 or more Muscle points, depending on the weapon
Very unconventional weapons that would require a great deal of strength or special skills to wield. Helicopter blades, 7 foot chains with giant links, multi-bladed glaives the size of your arm, parking meters, basketball goals, or steel girders belong in this category.

Light Ranged
Cost: 1 character point
Combat Bonus: You receive a bonus to your Flair score in combat equal to half of your level (rounded up). For example, if you were Level 6, you would get 3 bonus Flair points for your combat post. If you were level 7, you would receive 4 bonus Flair points. If your player was not generated with the weapon, they receive +1 to their Flair.
Requirements: 2 Synapse points
Ranged weapons require great aim and the mental fortitude to be able to use them effectively under the stress of combat. Light ranged weapons use physically propelled ammunitions that were meant to be sent flying under the player’s own skills. Slingshots, boomerangs, small laser pistols, ninja stars, or throwing needles are good examples.

Heavy Ranged
Cost: 2 character points
Combat Bonus: You receive a bonus to your Flair score in combat equal to your level. For example, if you were Level 5, you would get 5 bonus Flair points for your combat post. If your player was not generated with the weapon, they receive +2 to their Flair.
Requirements: 2 Synapse points
Heavy ranged weapons use ammunition that doesn’t rely on strength to send them flying, such as handguns, shotguns, rifles, etc.. For dramatic purposes, players are always assumed to have unlimited ammo while in combat, reloading every couple of posts for authenticity’s sake. Yes, it bends the laws of reality, but in most movies you’ll see the hero fire off dozens of bullets from one clip of ammunition and won’t complain about it, so there. A GM might find that they just can’t stand this and put a strict limit to the shots you can have in on your person. Warn the players if you’ll do this in your campaign. More obscure weapons, like harpoons or 3 foot long boomerangs, also qualify.

Super Heavy Ranged
Cost: 3 Character Points
Combat Bonus: You receive a bonus to your Flair score in combat equal to 150% of your level (multiply your Level by 1.5). For example, if you were Level 6, you would get 9 bonus Flair points for your combat post. If your player was not generated with the weapon, they receive +10 to their Flair.
Requirements: 3 Synapse Points, 2 or more Muscle points, depending on the weapon
It’s time to pull out the big guns. This weight class includes rocket launchers, bazookas, flamethrowers, or any other weapon that has self-propelled ammunition. These weapons may also pose a danger to other players in cramped quarters.

Special Martian Powers count as heavy ranged, but don't require character points.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

8. TRAITS: Let's go become a douchebag!

Traits are skills or personality facets a character has when they are created. Traits help flesh out a character in the minds of other players. There are three kinds; Attributes, Defects, and Skills. All players have 4 slots for Attributes and Defects, and must fill at least 1 slot with a Defect.
Attributes cost Creation points (Section 2) to add to your Traits. They provide benefits to your character during gameplay, and usually have something to do with a character's personality.
Defects grant you additional Creation points when you add them to your Traits. They can hinder your character during gameplay. You may only have 2 Defects maximum.
Skills are abilities characters may have prior knowledge of, or learn over time. Characters can have an unlimited number of Skills, and can even purchase them during the game with Gazebo points.
You may not purchase 2 or more of the same type of Attribute, Defect, or Skill.

Here’s an easy way to picture your slots:

Attributes/Defects:
1) Defect
2) Empty
3) Empty
4) Empty

Skills:
Empty

These traits are traits that are available to all player types. Traits exclusive to a clan can be found inside of their respective topics.

Attributes

~Berserker:
Costs: 2 Creation points
This character does not know when to quit. They have deep resentment or anger in their hearts, probably the cause of some past trauma, or because they’re always on their period. Instead of carrying their emotional baggage around with them, they’ve decided to throw it at whatever ticks them off. A Berserker character may continue to fight for 1 combat post after they have been ruled KO’ed by the GM, fueled by a blind rage to tear their enemies apart, minus 1 Action, which is spent falling over dramatically (Flair +0).

~Good Luck
Cost: 0 Creation points
Luck is that intangible something that can nudge fate ever so slightly in the character’s favor. Every once in a while, the dice on the player’s rolls may be shifted a point, one way or another. If they just needed one more point to avoid taking damage in combat, the GM could fudge it a bit. If their character flips a coin, it’s just a bit more likely it will come up in their favor. They might just be the one that happens to find the one car that works in a junkyard AND has half a tank of gas left. The GM is discouraged from revealing when Luck has played a part in things, and should only take it into account every once in a while.

~Eagle Eye
Cost: 0 Creation Points
These characters can see all. Sometimes they can see so much it’s scary. sometimes, they see so much, they see things. Like Mr Many getting balls thrown at him and then themselves getting 6 referrals. These characters notice every little detail of something, and have an extremely far line of vision.

~The Unstoppable Force
Cost: 4 Creation points
You have to be the best, and you will not be denied. Simply your aura strikes fear into the eyes of your enemies; so much so, it weakens them. In battle, the GM rolls one 6 sided die and the number that comes up is the amount subtracted from an enemy’s threat.

~Knowledgeable
Cost: 0 to 1 Creation points
Some characters just know a lot. They may come from a profession of teaching, or work in a particular field. Either way, the character is likely to know things about a given situation that the other players don’t. The player must specify what type of knowledge they possess. General knowledge like the lay of the land or Western history takes 0 Creation points. Extensive anatomical knowledge of the human body or complex physics would count as 1 point. If the GM decides that there’s something in the environment that a Knowledgeable player would know about, they should Private Message them with the info. What the character does with that information is up to them.
Knowledgeable can represent a wide range of skills, from auto-mechanic, to rocket scientist, to the occult, and it can be assumed that the appropriate skills will come with it. For example, an auto-mechanic obviously knows about cars, and if the player encounters a broken vehicle, chances are he’ll know how to fix it (provided he has the proper tools).

~Soul of the Sword
Cost: 2 Creation Points, character must be equipped with a sword-like weapon upon creation
From birth, this character has displayed an uncanny aptitude with sticks, bats, and shovels. Objects such as these seem to spring alive in their hands, and they often spin them around, throw them up in the air and catch them in their toes, just for fun. They may add +1 more Flair for every Action that they use their sword in combat up to their level number.

~You Killed Kenny, you *******!
Cost: 1 Creation point
This character is always simmering. Even if they may seem calm on the surface, if their allies fall, they will be overcome with a burst of rage, or a “youkilledkennyyou*******” moment! During a combat round, whenever another player’s character is KO’ed by an enemy attack, he gets a temporary boost of 1 extra Muscle dice. This bonus is cumulative for every party member that is KO’ed, but it will only be effective for the first time they are knocked out in the combat round. If the ally is revived mid-fight, the Rage fades, and the bonus can not be gained until the next combat round, even if the ally is knocked out again.

~Subway, eat flesh!
Cost: 2-4 Creation Points
Your character is the sickest mo’fo on the planet. He will literally take his enemy and eat them in the middle of battle, or take a piece of them and save them for later. When using this ability in battle, the character must usee one action describing the mutilation and consumption of a “meal”. Depending on how many creation Points used, the amount of body replenished may vary.

~Dood, lawl
Cost: 1-2 Creation Point
Your character is the life of the party, or maybe they just know how to tickle your testicles. Whatever the case, these guys can make you laugh. In combat, the character may use an action to make the enemy laugh (2 if 2 creation points were paid). The GM then rolls a 6 sided di (or 2) and the amounts added up are the amount of flair recieved

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

DEFECTS

~Addiction
Bonus: 2 Creation points
She didn’t read those posters in the nurse’s office at school, gave in to peer pressure, and now here she is, addicted to the stuff. Whether it’s through cigarettes, alcohol, a tin of snuff, etc, she has to fulfill her body’s craving for the poison, and “The Patch” or some other substitute just won’t cut it. She needs a good smoke (or drink, whatever) at least every two hours, but certainly doesn’t mind lighting up after a battle or just when she’s nervous. After two hours, she’s start getting irritable, and after 5 she loses 1 Character Attack point and 1 Flair point in battle. If she goes 8 hours without a cigarette or swig of alcohol, she’s just plain mean, and may go to lengths to get a smoke that would put her in danger. Her hands start shaking, and she gets a splitting headache, resulting in losing 2 Character Attack points and 2 Flair points in battle. A character going through withdrawal symptoms probably snaps at NPCs, or may carelessly start trouble at the wrong moment when out of battle.
Characters with an Addiction are expected to have at least several hours-worth of their poison of choice on them when first generated. A carton shoved up a sleeve, or a bottle of bourbon hidden in your vest pocket work just fine.

~Obsession
Bonus: 1 Creation Point
Most people have goals in life, but this character may let their goals dictate their life. Maybe they’re focused on vengeance for a slain loved one, upholding their honor, or collecting all of the Hyper Battle Monster cards. They will go out of the way to achieve their goals, and may even put their own life or the lives of their comrades in danger, if they feel that it would culminate in achieving their goals.

~Physically Disabled
Bonus: 1-3 Creation points
Injuries can happen all of the time in a post apocalyptic world. People can lose hands, chunks of their faces, or even whole limbs in battle. Maybe they were just born that way. Whatever the case, a physically disabled person has a deformed body that affects their combat prowess and day-to-day life. The severity of the deformities would determine how many bonus points and what kind of penalty points they get.
A character who has had an eye gouged out would still be able to see and interact with the word around them, but wouldn’t be able to interact with it on the level that they once could. 1 bonus Creation point. -3 penalty to Flair points in battle.
Someone who has had their arm chopped off and can now only fight one handed is at a serious disadvantage. 2 bonus Creation points. -1 Muscle point.
If they’re restricted to a wheel chair because their legs are completely paralyzed, they would get 3 bonus Creation points, -2 Muscle points, and find it extremely difficult to get around the Gazebo world...unless of course a friendly monastery would pick them up

~Phobia
Bonus: 1 to 2 Creation points
Phobias are fears which a character may harbor. The list is long: spiders, darkness, heights, sharp objects, etc. Whenever a character encounters the subject of their Phobia, they immediately recoil in horror before they can compose themselves, or piss themselves and go into shock. Players must specify what they fear when listing this Defect.
During combat if a character encounters their Phobia, they immediately lose 1 Character Attack per every 1 that they rolled if their Phobia is worth 1 point. If their Phobia is worth 2 points, they lose 2 Character Attack for every 2 and 1 Character Attack for every 1 that they roll.
Example: Shaun has a 2-point Phobia of darkness.
GM: Mario has entered a dark room, and is overcome with fear. Several demon squirrels attack!”
Mario: “I punch one in the head, kick one in the shin, then head-butt one.”
The GM rolls 3 dice for Mario's 3 Actions. They come up as 2, 1, and 5. The demon squirrels roll a Threat of 6. Any rolls 2 and are discarded, leaving Mario with 5 for his Character Attack.

~Stupid Douchebag
Bonus: 1 Creation point
No offense, but he’s not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. We all know him: the dumb jock, that guy who got dropped in the head as a child, the punch-drunk boxer, or perhaps even that “special” kid whose mom makes him wear a helmet. The simple fact is, he aint too bright. While your character may not run into walls (or maybe he does), he certainly seems to miss a lot of the obvious. What’s even worse is that the people around him can tell, whether it be from his simple speech, crude clothes, or the thin line of drool that trickles down his chin. His lack of keen reasoning skills doesn’t necessarily impede his ability to fight, but he’ll certainly take the direct approach. Retard Babies probably won’t be carrying around combat yo-yos or katana swords; too pansy. Parking meters or planks of wood with nails sticking out of them are more his style.

~Loud Noises Scare Me
Whether it’s from a traumatic experience or sensitive hearing, this character can’t stand it when things explode. The louder a blast, the worse she flinches. Any time a gun is used nearby (even by her own companions), or something loud cracks the silence she cringes. If she’s in combat, she’ll receive -3 from her Player Attack for that post. If not in combat, she’ll probably just wince and pee their pants.

~Suicidal
Bonus: 3 Creation Points
Whether you’re emo, or just plain twisted in the head, you want to end your own life. You will willingly run out at an enemy during battle without a weapon, literally trying to get yourself killed. In battle, this character must sacrifice one action per round screaming at the top of their lungs, parading through the middle of the battlefield and post themselves getting hurt in some way. Not mutilated or anything, but you know, pretty decently maimed. A gunshot to the leg or such. However, the upside to this defect is that losing body points is only a probable scenario, as his body has hardened enough to get used to pain.

~Sickness
Didn’t eat your vegetables? Especially malnourished? Smoke way too much? Inhaled the gasses of toxic waste all of your life? You’re susceptible to the Sickness Defect. Characters are constantly pale-looking, coughing, sneezing, and breaking out in hives. They may not be able to keep solid foods down for long, and wounds take longer to heal. First Aid used on them doesn’t restore a point of their Body until 1 post after it has been applied, and instead of naturally healing a lost Body point every 4 non-combat posts like a normal human, they heal a body point every 6 non-combat posts.

~EPIC PHAIL
Bonus: 4 Creation Points
This character is just one big furry disaster waiting to happen. They can’t go 2 steps without doing something so moronic, their teammates want to shoot them in the face five times, use first aid on them to heal them, and then do it again. I’m exaggerating, of course, but not that much actually. To be short, this character fails. Sure, maybe not in non combat (unless he does ), but in combat, definitely. Before each round of combat, the GM makes a roll. if the roll is 3 or anything below that, the character must have post an epic phail situation. They must waste all of their actions doing something incredibly stupid, of which the GM usually specifies, and recovering and getting ready for battle again. The amount of flair is reduced to either 1 or 2 at the most, the character’s attack drops by -2 for each muscle the character has, and may God have mercy on your character’s soul. Flair is more based on how comedic the post is rather than dramatic.

Example: GM rolls a 2 for bob’s Epic Phail post. Bob has suddenly gotten his period! (Let’s just say Bob has 3 Synapse)

“Bob winces in disbelief, and covers the period blood stain on his crotchal area.” [First Action]

“Next, he felt a disturbance in his pants, and dropped to the floor and made a big old diarrhea dump.” [Second Action]

“Realizing he had crapped out a tampon, Bob used the smelly cotton piece to soak up the blood. Completely ignoring the fact that he was a guy and guys don’t get periods, Bob got back up and readied himself for battle” [Third Action]

~Desecrator
Bonus: 4 Creation points
Once an enemy stops moving, smart heroes just go on to the next one. Not so with the Desecrator. For whatever reason, she feels the need to keep mutilating the same body over and over again. She won’t be completely satisfied until it’s just a lump of decaying jelly, and she doesn’t mind taking the extra actions to do it.
Actions are normally defined by feats done in combat against an active enemy. The Desecrator must waste one Action mutilating the corpse of an already disposed enemy, and label it as their Desecrator Action.
A player only receives +1 Flair from a Desecrator Action, or +2 if it is exceptionally interesting.
A player’s Character Attack is subtracted by his Muscle stat, to represent the wasted attack.
Desecrators have also been known to relieve themselves on tombstones, just for kicks.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Skills

Skills represent abilities that your characters can learn over time. In the “real” world, these skills could take years to master, plenty of time for the Magi to catch up to you. In this RPG, all you have to do is send a Private Message to your GM and purchase them via Gazebo Points! You can have an unlimited number of Skills.

~Weapon Connection
Costs: 2 Creation Points or 10 Project i points
Some knights, criminals, or hunters have been known to become so attached to their weapons that they seem to have developed a connection with it; an almost spiritual bond with their particular gun or sword. Characters with this Attribute have given their weapon a name, and will always fight with it if given the chance. So long as they fight with this weapon they get a +1 bonus to their Player Attack in combat.
When they use their Connected weapon, they gain a bonus one weight class above what the weapon would normally give:
A Light Melee weapon counts as a Heavy Melee, a Heavy Melee counts as a Super Heavy melee, and a Super Heavy Melee increases the bonus by 150% (multiply level by 1.5).
A Light Ranged weapon counts as a Heavy Ranged, a Heavy Ranged counts as a Super Heavy Ranged, and a Super Heavy Ranged increases the Flair award by 200% (multiply by 2) instead of 150%.
They will never, ever part with this weapon, even if it means passing up a better one. If Shaun would have to give up his favorite pool cue to carry around a rocket launcher, he’ll stick with the pool cue. Popular names: “Zombie Killer” “Bled Fang” “Mr. Stabs-a-lot” and “Mr. Bllastey”
Weapon Connection will only apply to ONE specific weapon, which the player names as soon as the Skill is purchased. To have another Connected weapon, you must pay for Weapon Connection again, one payment per weapon.

~Scavenger
Cost: 1 Creation points or 5 Project i points
If a player searches a particular area of their environment (a trashcan, bodies, etc.), they have a chance of obtaining something which may be useful to them, such as a lighter, map, half-eaten hamburger, etc. What’s more, their penchant for dumpster diving has gained them a slightly sturdier digestive system, so they can east discarded food that is several days old without fear of the normal bowel-shaking consequences. How high of a chance they have depends on the GM’s discretion. If a player searches a pile of garbage bags, they probably won’t get something very good, but if they search a Boss body, they might get a great item.
Players must actively say that they are searching a particular area of the environment to receive the benefits of this Skill. Shoni should probably get this.

~Martial Artist
Cost: 1 Creation points or 5 Project i points
Your hands should be registered as lethal weapons. You’ve trained extensively in the bare-handed art of smackdown, and scoff at weaponry. Any time you fight with your bare hands, you get +1 to your Character Attack in combat for every unarmed Action that causes a hand or foot to make a harmful impact against an enemy. This is a great Attribute for characters who don’t want to worry about lugging around equipment.

~First Aid
Costs: 2 Creation points or 10 Project i Points
This character probably has a previous history in medicine, herbal treatment, or anatomy. They know how to patch up other players that have been wounded, and will even get Private Messages from the GM if a plant in the area is known to be especially good for injuries, or if certain things that are lying around have any medical merit (only if the character would know about it). When not in combat, and if they have the supplies necessary, they can restore 1 point of Body per 4 of a GMs posts to any player.

~Field Medic
Cost: 1 Creation point, or 5 Project i points
Requires the First Aid skill
Some people can patch up wounds. Some people can fight. Some people can do one while the other is happening. Sometimes, there is nothing more important that getting a man back in the battle before the zombies kill everyone, and that is why field surgery was invented. As a post that takes all of a character’s Actions, a Field Medic can ‘patch up’ another player who has been KOed. A character who is patched up regains 1 Body instantly, and can begin posting again in combat the next round. During the round in which the Field Medic is patching up another character, the injured character is in no danger, but the Field Medic is. The GM makes a normal roll for the Medic against the Horde’s Threat, except giving the Medic a -4 to his Character Attack for it. If the Medic is injured, it does not keep him from finishing the patching up. If the Medic is KOed, however, the other character remains KOed.
For the “patch” post, a Medic is awarded 2 Flair for each of his Synapse points, plus 2 bonus Flair if the KO’ed character was revived successfully.

~Brawler
Costs: 1 Creation point or 5 Project i points
This character is probably built like a meat tank, and practices a brutal hand-to-hand form of fighting, the ancient art of “kicking but". Even while unarmed, they receive Player Attack bonuses as if they held a Heavy Melee weapon. They can’t be disarmed unless a limb is severed. They also receive an additional bonus if they are equipped with a Light Melee, Heavy Melee, or Super Heavy Melee weapon.
They will temporarily lose the bonuses of this skill if they wield any Ranged weapon during a post.
Characters with the Physically Disabled Defect may not take the Brawler Skill if the Defect affects their arms or legs.

~Acrobatic
Costs: 1 Creation point or 5 Project i Points
An acrobatic player is quick and limber. They can pull off somersaults, back-flips, and the like with no problems. Players who would like to pull off moves where you jump around a lot should purchase this attribute. Players get +1 Flair in a post if they did an acrobatic feat (flipping, tumbling, spinning gracefully and punching, etc).

~Leetness
Costs: 5 Creation Points or 25 Project i Points
You are 1337. Plain and simple. No need to explain. Once each battle, the GM will roll a die. The amount rolled is doubled and added to the character’s muscle and synapse for that round.

~LASER BEAM!
Cost: 4 Creation Points and at least 2 Synapse or 20 Project i points
For whatever unexplainable reason, out of the blue, you have the capability of firing a laser beam out of any part of your body. It is capable of slicing through almost any object and can create a devastating effect on enemies. Players must use one synapse chargin their laser, and then one action firin their laser in battle. The GM then rolls the amount of 6 sided dice equal to your character’s level, and the accumulated numbers turns to the amount of damage the enemies take. You may only use the laser once per battle, and flair for the two actions used is reverted to an automatic 2.

~Deadly Aim
Cost: 2 Creation Points and at least 2 Synapse or 10 Project i points
Whether it's natural-born skill or ultimate training sessions (or both) you have deadly aim with your weapon. You just can't miss a shot with whatever weapon you happen to be holding at the time.

~Ace Pilot
Cost: 1 Creation Point or 5 Project i points
You can fly any aircraft you care to choose. If it's got wings, you can pilot it. (Pretty useful for Jumbi) If you're piloting a combat ship, you get +2 flair if you manage to deal damage while piloting a ship or plane.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 am

9. SAMPLE CHARACTER: Mario

Here’s an example of how to post your character in a thread if you’re looking to play a game. GMs will sift through character posts and pick the ones that they would most like to work with. If a GM has posted a particular game setting that you would be especially interested in, Private Message or email them to make a special request that you want to be included. Most likely, the GM will have some requirements if you’d like to join, so include those in your PM as well.

Here we’ll have our player, Ian, create the character Mario for a game.

Okay, so we have 7 Creation Points to work with. Ian wants a Lunar Jumbi warrior with a sword. (PS, specify age. Just for kicks) So, so far we’ve got:

Name: Mario
Clan: Jumbi
Weapon: Sword: Denueve [Heavy Melee]

Level:1 (if I forgot to mention, everyone starts at 1)
Muscle:3
Synapse:3
Body:1

Attributes: Knowledgeable [-0 CP] He's been studying Mars carefully and has a general idea of its surface geography.
Defects: Obsession [+1 CP] He's OBSESSED with tacos. He just loves them way too much. No one knows why, but he does.
Phobia [+1 CP] Mario is scared of chickens for some reason.
Skills: Weapon Connection [-2 CP] He made Denueve himself, and he loves this sword. He could never part with it.
Okay, so now we've got no leftovers.

Now we write up his appearance:

Mario is a dark, yellow-eyed, jet-black haired boy. He's about 5'6" and has a fair body stucture. He wears a plain white T-shirt and jeans. His black belt has a sheath for his sword.

Bio:

Born on the Moon, Mario has always lived in the artificial gravity zones. Then, the war began. He's lived on the Moon all his life, and has never been to Mars. He's still a young boy, so he's got a lot to learn in the ways of the Jumbi.

Alright, backtrack here. Let’s see what we’ve got so far.

Name: Mario
Clan: Jumbi
Weapon: Sword: Denueve [Heavy Melee]

Level:1 (if I forgot to mention, everyone starts at 1)
Muscle:3
Synapse:3
Body:1

Appearance: Mario is a dark, yellow-eyed, jet-black haired boy. He's about 5'6" and has a fair body stucture. He wears a plain white T-shirt and jeans. His black belt has a sheath for his sword.

Bio: Born on the Moon, Mario has always lived in the artificial gravity zones. Then, the war began. He's lived on the Moon all his life, and has never been to Mars. He's still a young boy, so he's got a lot to learn in the ways of the Jumbi.

Attributes: Knowledgeable [-0 CP] He's been studying the Moon carefully and has a general idea of its surface geography.
Defects: Obsession [+1 CP] He's OBSESSED with tacos. He just loves them way too much. No one knows why, but he does.
Phobia [+1 CP] Mario is scared of chickens for some reason.
Skills: Weapon Connection [-2 CP] He made Denueve himself, and he loves this sword. He could never part with it.

Stats Equations…
7 CP to start with + 2 CP for Obsession and Phobia
9 CP - 3-3-1 CP for Stats = 2
2 - 0 for attributes - 2 for Weapon Connection = 0 leftover[/quote]

So, yeah as long as the final number is 0 or greater, it's a legal character. He's not the best character, but he's legal.

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 am

10. SAMPLE BATTLE: So can we kill people now?

After a couple days of set-up and roleplaying, the GM has decided to introduce the characters to their first battle. For simplicity’s sake, Mario's fighting is the only one recorded here. To help the GM keep track of multiple player characters at once, players should post the names of their characters as the subject line in their post. I’ll use the dice roll button and show you guys I’m not lying or cheating for rolls Razz. Players should remember to clearly label the numbers of their Actions, so the GM can tell them apart. Some players put them in brackets while other may actually put numbers next to them and put them as their own separate lines.

GM's Post:

Mario is in the snack shop of an old run down gas station when chickens attack!!!!!

COMBAT!!!

Horde of Chickens:
Horde Points 10
Threat 1

Okay, so Ian's first post is:

Mario is suprised by the chickens! In fear of them, he takes a few steps back before lunging Denueve at them. [First Action][Weapon Connection]

He turns around and finds a couple more chickens behind him. He pulls out Denueve and, with an fiery look in his eyes, slices them at their necks. Their heads come flying off and blood stains his shirt. [Second Action][Weapon Connection]

Feeling satisfied with chicken blood on his shirt, he picks up the decapitated head and throws it at another chicken. [Third Action]

Comments on this: Since he's got 3 Synapse, he get's three actions. Even though he didn't use weapon connection in the third action, he still gets the bonus for it.

Okay, so now it's time for the GM to calcuate his attack points.

GM:
Mario
Game Master carried out 3 launched of one Attack :
5 , 5 , 5

Horde
Game Master carried out 1 launched of one Threat :

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:21 am

Sample Battle Continued

The reason I had to continue is because if I edit a post, it changes the dice roll. Anyways...

Mario's Attack:

[5 + 5 + 5] = 15 + [3 + 3] = 21 + [1] = 22
[Dice Roll] + [Muscle/Synapse] + [Weapon Bonus + Skill Bonus (Weapon Connection)]

Since he's using weapon connection on his melee weapon, his sword goes from Heavy Melee to Super Heavy Melee, giving him an attack bonus equal to his level.

Horde's Threat Roll:

22 - 6 = 16
[Player Attack - Threat = Results]

Since 16 is a positive number, the Horde loses 16 Horde points.

10 - 16 = -6
The Horde is dead.

Now let's go calculate some flair:

The post's original flairs were 2+3+3. Since he's got a melee weapon, his weapon won't affect flair, it only affected his attack. At this point, if any flair bonuses were possible for this character (which there aren't any) they would apply now.

So the GM's results post will go like this:

Mario
Attack: 22
2+3+3=8 Flair!
Level up! Mario is now level 2. 2 Flair to level 3. +1 PP

Victory to Mario!
All of the chickens were easily dispatched. Mario smiles at the dozens of chicken corpses lying on the ground.

Explanation: Mario gained 8 flair bonus for his attacks. Starting at 0 Flair, he needed 4 to get to level 2. So he had 4 leftover. That 4 is carried on to the next level. He needed 6 Flair to get to level 3.

Then the GM could give out combat awards like:

Mario: Most Creative +1 PP

Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content